MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT LITIGATION
Los Angeles. Even as we grow to new markets, it will forever be our spiritual home. Nothing says Los Angeles like media and entertainment, and Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP knows the business as well as anyone. We have successfully fought for, and against, some of Hollywood’s biggest names in all manner of high-stakes litigations. of law. For example:
One Pierce Bainbridge trial lawyer won a $5 million verdict, including seven-figure punitive damages, for Hollywood producer Robert Cort (Runaway Bride, Save the Last Dance, Hand That Rocks the Cradle, Jumanji, Cocktail among others) against a hedge fund in a case involving breach of major film financing agreement. The result of this trial was featured in The Hollywood Reporter.
• The firm currently represents the creators of the Discovery Channel hit reality show Treehouse Masters in a widely-followed eight-figure dispute with a former business partner.
• The firm currently represents the creator of PBS hit docu-series Landmarks Live in Concert in a high-stakes dispute with a former business partner.
• The firm represented Sony Pictures Entertainment in a multi-million-dollar international television licensing dispute.
• The firm represents Ironman Triathlon in multiple breaches of contract disputes with race sponsors.
• The firm is battling Snap, Inc. in a ground-breaking, high-profile litigation in federal court involving the veracity of user engagement metrics in social media companies.
Be it traditional media or new, Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP is Tinseltown’s firm of choice.
David L. Hecht
Andrew J. Lorin
Michael M. Pomerantz
Yi Wen Wu